Commercial and Business Disputes Attorney in Louisville
There is a strong possibility that throughout the course of your business’ life, a dispute will arise that jeopardizes your future, profits, reputation, or all three. When a business or commercial dispute occurs, having an experienced business attorney on your side who not only understand the laws relevant to your issue, but is also a skilled negotiator and litigator, is critical to the outcome of your case. At the law offices of John H. Ruby & Associates, our team is prepared to provide you with the representation that you need to secure your business and your future.
Who We Represent
We have experience representing parties involved in business disputes from a variety of different angles and sides. Indeed, we can represent you no matter your position in the dispute, and have experience working with business:
- Vendors; and
We understand that there are always at least two sides to every business dispute, and our experience representing a variety of different parties provides us with a unique perspective and ability when we work with you.
Our Business and Commercial Disputes Practice Areas
The term “business and commercial disputes” can refer to a broad range of potential issues arising between any of the parties listed above. More specifically, our practice areas include:
- Breach of contract. All business agreements and operations are based on contractual agreements, either expressed or implied. When these contracts are breached, one party may suffer loss as a direct result. We can help you to negotiate the resolution of a contract dispute, or pursue litigation if necessary.
- Business torts. The term “business torts” refers to wrongful acts that are committed against business entities and have financial implications for the affected business. Examples of business torts include, but are not limited to, trade libel, restraint of trade, fraudulent misrepresentation, and theft of trade secrets.
- Consumer fraud. Consumer fraud occurs when an individual suffers financial loss as the result of fraudulent practices of a business. For example, identity theft is an example of consumer fraud, as is credit card fraud.
- Partnership disputes. In order for many businesses to thrive, the cooperation of partners is an absolute must. As such, a partnership dispute can disrupt your business and wreak havoc on profits and overall business health. Our attorneys can help you to resolve a partnership dispute before it gets out of hand.
- Shareholder disputes. A shareholder dispute may occur as a result of a disagreement about business valuation, breach of fiduciary duty, buy-sell agreements, fraudulent transactions, and myriad other issues.
- Employment disputes. The list of disputes that may arise between an employer and an employee is long, and includes disagreements or disputes about wrongful termination, wages, sexual harassment, severance agreements, benefits, whistleblower claims, and more. Whether you are an employer or an employee, we can provide you with the competent representation you are looking for.
Our Approach – Providing You with the Legal Advice You Need
If you are involved in a commercial business dispute, our lawyers will take a comprehensive approach to helping you reach a resolution that focuses on your best interests. Our approach involves:
- Initial consultation. During your initial consultation with our Louisville law firm, we will ask you to provide us with as many details of your dispute as possible. We also ask that you are completely open and honest with us; in order for us to provide you with the competent service you deserve, we will need straightforward answers to tough questions. Once we have gathered as much information about your legal issue as possible, we will begin to develop a customized strategy for your case.
- Guidance. Our first go-to for resolution is to offer you guidance regarding your legal issue. At this stage in the process, we are focused on providing you with the information and advice you need to move forward and handle your issue without the interference of a lawsuit or a court. For example, we may suggest that you approach the other party with a potential resolution or suggestion.
- Negotiation. If providing you with guidance and suggestions is not enough to resolve your legal matter, we will move into the next phase: negotiations. We have highly developed negotiation skills, and will represent you during discussion with the other party in regards to reaching a viable solution.
- Litigation. When negotiations fail and your legal issue is not resolved or/and you are not compensated for your losses as a result of reaching an out-of-court solution, we will not hesitate to litigate your case on your behalf. We have an experienced team of litigators, and the resources that are necessary to successfully manage your case.
Working with a Business and Commercial Disputes Lawyer Shouldn’t Be Optional
If you are involved in a business or commercial dispute, whether or not you work with an attorney shouldn’t be optional – your business or personal success, future, and opportunities are all on the line. As such, working with an attorney is an absolute must. When you work with an experienced lawyer, you significantly improve the chances of your case being resolved in your favor.
Call Our Law Offices Today
We have the experience and knowledge of the law that you’re looking for. As a legal team with a track record of success representing both defendants and plaintiffs in business litigation and commercial disputes, we are confident in our ability to provide superior legal counsel and guidance.
We know that business and commercial disputes can be stressful, and that you may be nervous about what will happen when a dispute arises. To protect yourself and your business, call our law firm today. You can reach our Louisville business lawyers at 502-895-2626. You can also come into our law office at your earliest convenience, or send us a confidential message with your contact information and a brief description of your case using the form on our website.